A literature review is a critical analysis of published research. It is a written document that provides a summary of the existing research on a particular topic. When writing a literature review, it is important to be concise and organized.
Posted: September 26th, 2022
A literature review is a critical analysis of published research. It is a written document that provides a summary of the existing research on a particular topic. When writing a literature review, it is important to be concise and organized. When it comes to writing a literature review, there are many ways to approach the task. Some people might prefer to read through all of the literature and then take notes on what they read. Others might prefer to skim through the literature and make a list of key points that need to be covered. Whichever method you choose, make sure that you are systematic in your approach and that you follow the tips for success outlined in this blog post!
1. Start by creating an outline of your literature review. This will help you to keep track of what you have read and where you found it. Outlines can be linear or nonlinear. Nonlinear outlines are more flexible and allow you to rearrange your ideas as you write.
2. Skim through the introductions and conclusions of each article to get a sense of the main arguments.This will help you to focus your reading and take better notes.
3. Read each article in its entirety and take notes on key points. Be sure to include the name of the author, the title of the article, and the date of publication in your notes.
4. Synthesize the information from each article into a cohesive summary. Remember to include both direct quotes and paraphrased material in your literature review.This is an important step in ensuring that your literature review is comprehensive and well-rounded so as not to leave out any key points.
5. Cite all sources using APA or MLA format.
Citing and referencing sources is an important part of writing a literature review. All sources that you use in your paper should be properly cited using either APA or MLA format. APA is the most commonly used formatting style . The 7th edition is the current one. Intext citations should include the last name of the author and the date of publication. All references should be listed alphabetically by the last name of the first author on a separate page at the end of your paper. MLA is another formatting style that is commonly used .In-text citations should include the author’s last name and the page number(s) where the quoted or paraphrased material can be found. All references should be listed alphabetically by the last name of the first author on a separate page at the end of your paper.
6. Edit your literature review for clarity, grammar, and style.
Editing is an important step in the writing process. After you have written your first draft, set it aside for a day or two and then come back to it with fresh eyes. Be sure to read through your paper slowly and carefully. Check for any errors in grammar or syntax. Make sure that your paper flows smoothly from one point to the next. If you find any awkward phrasing, reword it. Finally, be sure to check your paper for any typos or misspellings.
7. proofread your literature review one last time before submitting it.
Proofreading is the final step in the writing process. Be sure to read through your paper one last time, checking for any errors in grammar, syntax, or spelling. This is also a good time to check for any awkward phrasing or unclear points. If you find any, rewrite them. Once you are satisfied with your paper, save it as a PDF
8. If you are short on time, try reading through the abstracts of each article first.Reading an abstract is a quick way to get an overview of an article without having to read the entire thing. This can be helpful when you are short on time and need to quickly find relevant research.
9. Finally, don’t forget to save your literature review so that you can refer back to it later!Alternatively, you could print it out and keep it in a folder or binder. Either way, make sure that you can easily find it when you need it.
Following these tips will help you to write an effective literature review in a relatively short amount of time. However, it is important to keep in mind that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to literature reviews. So, even if it takes you longer than 24 hours to write a high-quality literature review, it will be worth the effort!Needless to say, if you feel burned you can contact 9paragraphs essay writing service for help on your literature review paper assistance.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.
👋 Hi! I’m your smart assistant Amy!
Don’t know where to start? Type your requirements and I’ll connect you to an academic expert within 3 minutes.