Nursing MED SURG PRACTICE Questions and Answers
A nurse is reinforcing teaching with a client who has HIV and is being discharged to home.
of the following instructions should the nurse include in the teaching?
1) Take temperature once a day.
2) Wash the armpits and genitals with a gentle cleanser daily.
3) Change the litter boxes while wearing gloves.
4) Wash dishes in warm water. - 1
A nurse is caring for a client who is postoperative following a tracheostomy, and has copious
and tenacious secretions. Which of the following is an acceptable method for the nurse to use to
thin this client's secretions?
1) Provide humidified oxygen.
2) Perform chest physiotherapy prior to suctioning.
3) Prelubricate the suction catheter tip with sterile saline when suctioning the airway.
4) Hyperventilate the client with 100% oxygen before suctioning the airway.. - 1